Kaffir Lime Crumbed Fish
- 6 to 8 fillets of Fish
- 4 Bread Crusts
- ½ Teaspoon Kaffir Lime Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Kaffir Lime Juice
- 2 whole Chillies, finely chopped (with seeds)
- ½ Teaspoon Fennel Seeds, ground
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dijonaise Mustard
- Place Bread crusts, Kaffir Lime zest, Lime juice, finely chopped Chillies, ground Fennel Seeds and Parmesan Cheese in food processor and blend together.
- Slowly add Olive Oil until mixture starts to form lumps.
- Spread Dijonaise Mustard over fish fillets.
- Spread crumb mixture over Dijonaise Mustard.
- Bake at 180°C, until fish is almost cooked.
- Grill until crumb mixture is golden and crispy.
Thai Pumpkin, Chickpea, and Coconut Curry With Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1kg pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 10 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 7 cardamon pods, seeds removed and crushed
- 2 Teaspoons fresh ginger
- 4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- 1 cup tomato pulp
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1½ cups of water
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chili & Kaffir Lime Sauce
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 handful of fresh spinach, torn
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Bake pumpkin/squash in 220° oven until tender (approx. 35 minutes).
- Meanwhile, put all other ingredients into pot except the spinach, basil, and chickpeas.
- Gently simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and turn off the heat.
- Remove the kaffir lime leaves.
- Add the cooked pumpkin/squash and spinach, and mix.
- Add a little more water if the mixture is too thick.
- Garnish with basil and serve with rice (optional).
Autumn Fruit Crumble
- 6 stalks Rhubarb, chopped into 1cm slices
- 4 Feijoas, peeled and chopped into slices
- 2 Apples, peeled, cored and chopped into slices
- ¾ Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Rolled Oats
- ¾ Cup Coconut
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Allspice
- 150g Butter, melted
- Put Rhubarb, Feijoas, and Apples into a 1.5 litre capacity microwave proof bowl.
- Add Sugar and stir to coat.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, stir then microwave for another 3 minutes.
- Combine Flour, Rolled Oats, Coconut, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Allspice in a bowl.
- Add melted Butter to combine.
- Spread crumble topping evenly over mixture.
- Microwave for another 3 minutes.
- Grill in oven until crumb mixture is crispy.
Feijoa Loaf or Muffins
- 1 Cup Feijoas, peeled and chopped
- 1 Cup Water, boiling
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 50g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Put Feijoas, Water, Sugar and Butter into a fairly large saucepan and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Let mixture cool down until it is warm.
- Beat in Egg, Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
- Pour into a loaf tin or muffin pans.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 to 50 minutes for the loaf or 15 to 20 minutes for the muffins.